Sunday 3 January 2010

Winter Break

My winter break has truly been perfect. Let me break down some of the highlights for you.

Travel

I love to travel so dearly. To see places I have never seen before. Sometimes it almost makes me crazy that there are so many places in the world I haven't seen. Almost like I don't have enough time and money to do it all!

Chicago was awesome, the hotel was awesome (Hard Rock Hotel) , we saw many places despite the snow and rain and wind. I loved the buildings in Chicago. So beautiful. Trump tower as seen below was my favorite, closed followed by the corn cob building!



Reading

I have 3 books to read! I have started on The Gift by Cecilia Aherne and I am really liking it. Daniel got it for me at Christmas. I is about a very busy office type guy who helps a homeless man get a job in his office...and I won't spoil it but it is a little fantastical too as her books
sometimes are. I also have Knit the season and The secret life of CeeCee Wilkes to read.



Firefly

If you haven't watched this series that was abruptly canceled, you should. Can not, for the life of me see why, but sometimes things remain true gems when they are not exploited. We have been watching it over the last few weeks and decided on New Years Day we would have a pajama day and finish watching it, plus the movie that followed to wrap things up called 'Serenity'. I just loved it.

NYE

Usually on New Years Eve we stay home, one of us cooks, we watch the celebrations on TV. This year we went out to dinner at Sushi 101 with Daniel's colleagues and our friends John and Steve. We then went on to a small house party with people we know through a fore mentioned John and Steve. Nice to do something different on Dec 31st for a change.



Wii

Has been a source of fun since I got it for Christmas. I love the Rayman's Ravin' Rabbids game, and the wii sports bowling, tennis and baseball. Tyring very hard to pace myself with buying of games becasue they are not cheap! But I would like Mario Kart next!!





I haven't even been ill this break which is fantastic. I have had some weird balance and headachey sensations going on since boxing day, but very on and off so going to see how it goes this week.

Back to school tomorrow, and I do miss my children in my class, but I am a little sad to see this winter break end. It has been so refreshing, relaxing and fun too. Perfect.


2 comments:

Emily said...

yay another firefly fan!!!!

Shazza said...

love the cob building,really unusual. Glad you had a good break
x