Sunday 7 September 2008

well we are here....




these are catch ups!


Hi everyone I tried to write this earlier but I lost it all so gave up. it is 9.30 pm here. I had a decent flight, 30 people on the program were delayed by bad storms including my good friend emma who arrived almost 24 hours after me and letf an hour before me from Gatwick. Things have been generally good but busy. You meet people at one thing and they may not have any other classes the same as you so you have to make whole new friends in the next thing. Today we had a welcome, thenI had driving practice which was only about 5 minutes of going round the block but it was ok the guy was so nice. then the test. the insturctor was very agressive and yelling why are you stopping here there is no stop sign here and all that jazz so we (me and scottish pal Nitu) both had to do it again 2 hours later.At this point I had a melt down (really I did, ask emma) it was all getting to me and I'd hope to text home saying I had passed but had another meeting and then driving again so couldnt. Nitu let me at least text home to say about my cell phone dying and I dont think I packed the charger.Second time the instructor was so nice and even said its so hard as you havent practiced etc and I couldnt drive in UK.But we passed flying colours so glad! tomorrow is more relaxed for me i have whole afternoon off so hoping to go to the mall if we can, we have shuttle mini buses that go there daily so hopefully! OR I might gym and swim! anyways all in all im fine, quite chuffed ive done this all on my own and even more so without emma as security ive had to step out and approach people. My room mate is from costa rica, called Adriana and she is nice tho i havent seen a lot of her our paths havent crossed so much. Its already racing by. Weds is VERY busy with all the teaching/lesson planning etc.

No comments: