Thursday 2 October 2008

A funny kinda week


Well it was announced on monday that as it was a teacher work day on tuesday we didnt have to go to school because we all have so little gas. I managed to get full up on that day though after school and was just so excited to get an extra day off!


In the morning (tues) I realised my pay hadn't gone in my bank, eventually found out that this is becasue I have NO SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER YET! I applied ages ago, all the other VIF teachers got theirs, dont know why mine is such a problem. VIF are looking into it for me.


So I had to go to school to collect my pay check, not to mention before that take out UK money to pay into the USA bank account to cover medical and car payments. Here if you get a check in by 2pm it will clear by midnight the same day. If after 2pm it will be midnight the next day etc. It didnt arrive at school until 14.50.


Then the nice lady at the bank just said she would credit it to my account instantly as it was a school board check. Was not expecting that! So I kinda went to target and bought a few new clothes!! Very very cheap though!


At school on wednesday I felt weak. Just like all my muscles were not working. Absolute fatigue. We got pizza and I was in bed reading by 8pm. asleep by 8.30pm. On awakening I still felt terrible (still do) so took a day off.


I really want to be better for tomorrow not only for school but as we have a couple of social events - dinner with my VIF neighbour and going to a piano bar with a kindergarten collegue.


I can only explain it as exhaustion. I dont know yet if it is just that or if it is something worse. Time will tell I guess. I feel like I have run a marathon or something, all my muscles ache.


So here I am at home, still in my pJs, feeling sorry for myself.


No comments: