Saturday 31 January 2009

Come to the circus

First of all a general update. I finally got paid hoorah. Things are going well with Daniel, his work permit arrived and we've applied for a social security number and he has a few job applications he is completing. Keep everything crossed!

Today we went to visit one place he is considering applying. It's called Discovery Place and it is very like Techniquest in Cardiff - for those Cardiffians who are reading! They have tonnes of hands on Exhibitions - some are permanent and some change. Currently the theme is the circus. Previously it was Pompeii. We had a great day and I thought it was really worth the money. It was $10 per adult and even less than that for kids. For that as well as general exhibitis you could actually walk the high wire or go up in a harness to do some acrobatics!

Here are some of my favorite moments....


2 become 1...
Daniel beat me at virtual volley ball! He is bottom row second from left.
He is building a cantilever system just like at wales millenium center. There are no pillars in that theatre becasue of this system. So nobody's view is restricted! I learned that on one of his tours!

Daniel tried his hand at contortionism


And I did a weather forecast!


In other news I wole up today feeling like I am getting sick. I'm generall achey and a bit of a sore throat and sniffes. So I downed an airbourne. A great American invention it is a herbal tablet of 16 times the usual amount of vitamin C plus other herbs that are good for fighting germs. Hopefully it will work.

We are looking forward to the superbowl tomorrow! Usually in the UK I try to watch it and fall asleep as it is on so late in the UK with the time difference.

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

lindschick said...

Looks like a great day out, love the photos.

Enjoy the superbowl, I alway end up falling asleep if i try and watch it.