Sunday 17 May 2009

hey pretty....don't you wanna take a ride with me...?




As you can see from the quick post below I did pass my driving test. I have to say that while the road test in the car was easy the DMV NC definitely needs to improve it's organization....

The knowledge test part on the touch screen was not as easy but I managed to pass it.

The road test was 7 minutes long and I drove to a side road, did a 3 point turn, reversed back straight and did an emergency stop. Then drove back to the center 2 mins down the road....my uk driving test was an hour long and included reversing round a corner, parallel parking, dual carriageway etc.

I'm not complaining though, I'm glad it's done...and it is much easier to use my license to buy alcohol than carrying my passport everywhere and explaining how the date of birth is set out differently.

We also got cable tv and a new tv this weekend...I know we must sound indulgent but we have never been able to do this kind of thing...we are blessed in that my wage is tax free, I have done extra tutoring and that Daniel got a job so fast. It almost feels wrong to not be struggling and to have expensive things!

I'm getting excited about the end of school...we will be having a graduation for our kindergartners. They are just the sweetest thing. Even at 5 years old, they have been wishing me luck for my test, telling me not to worry and making me good luck cards. They are saying that they love me the most and don't wanna go to 1st grade!

My favorite recent quote is from a little boy in my class who is just so smart. Well they all are! I was giving clues to what the word female means, I was saying (names changed) lucy is female, Amy is female, I (Mrs McFarland) am female. He chirped up...does it mean pretty?! How cute!

Yesterday I got to see my parents and 2 of my grandparents on the webcam kindly provided by my cousin! It was awesome and both parents and grandparents were impressed with the wonder of technology! It was my Nan's birthday so I got to sing happy birthday to her!



5 comments:

Inspiration Alley said...

Congratulations on passing your driving test. Really interested in reading about your life in America. It's something that we would like to have been able to do. Glad that it seems to be working out for you and that you can still have close contact with your family in England. Modern technology really helps to lessen the distance.

Anne said...

Congratulations on the driving test! You really shouldn't feel guilty about treating yourselves - I truly believe that you have to live life as it presents itself, and if life is good at the moment, then enjoy it!

Luna Art said...

congratulations on passing your driving test! Really enjoyed reading your blog x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh this interweb thing is so useful when you're apart from your family, how lovely! And don't apologise for your cable and so on - you're working hard, that's justification enough!

Jo Power said...

Well done on passing your test.
It must have been brilliant for your family to see you on such a special day even though you are so far away must make you seem closer. xx