Wednesday 31 December 2008

Hello 2009

I don't really like resolutions. Under the age of 15 it was always to keep my room tidy and over that age it was to lose weight. Neither of which I was great at! Though I lost a lot of weight for my wedding in 2002. I have a weight loss blog which WILL be more active now. I will be weighing in on Saturday.

So here are some reflections...

Weight. Im going to refer to this more as health. See other blog for more on that!

Photography I was SO blessed to get an Olympus from my lovely husband this year. i want to make the most of it. I feel like every day I love photography more and more.

Travel I'm blessed to be experiencing new things and going to places. Long may it continue.

Best bits

Moving to America to a steady teaching job after being on supply so long. And doing it with my wonderful supportive husband.
Meeting a load of wonderful friends at my new work place.
Spending Christmas in New york city. Getting a McDs milkshake at 1am on Christmas day
Getting a rather large tax rebate.
Everyone in my life being healthy and happy.

Worst bits

My worst bits are relatively minor so im not complaining. Please dont think I am!
Moving to a new country was stressful in terms of packing up and renting out our house.
Cardiff City coming second in the FA cup final
The only big worry in my life is finances and debt.
Missed my family (especially me ever ageing remaining 3 grandparents in the UK) this Christmas

Review of the Year

* I was very proud that Daniel kept getting promotions
* Found out we could move to Charlotte
* Keira Lisa was born (to my best friend Natasha)
* Keira was christened
* Cardiff City made it to the FA cup final and were runners up
* My little brother turned 18
* We packed up our whole house and moved to the USA. A lot of people helped us from family to complete strangers!
* Got my DSLR for my birthday
* I landed in a wonderful school and made friends for life
* Thanks to a tax rebate I was able to by Daniel a guitar. It's called Ruby.
* We spent Christmas in New York City.

No comments: