Tuesday 20 January 2009

Inauguration


I feel privileged to be in the USA today for the inauguration of Barack Obama or Obak Arama as my kids refer to him!

It was a SNOW DAY today - not a lot of snow but enough to cancel classes for the kids. Us teachers had to report to school or take it unpaid so I reported and hung out with other teachers watching the inauguration.

There were a phenomenal amount of people in Washington. My grade chair went along too. She just really want to be there in person for that moment.

I personally like Obama a lot so far. I think he seems calm, level headed, intelligent and he is kinda pretty to look at! I'm interested to see how it goes from here.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Loving the snow, Kit! :) Over here in Scotland it's all rain... :(

As for the inauguration - what a great experiece to be in the US, even though you haven't been actually in Washington DC. DH and I went to see Obama's Rally in Kissimmee last November and he was a very good speaker! We watched most of the inauguration on TV while at the gym. :D

Erika said...

Kate, let's face it anyone is better than Bush...I said he would be trouble from the start and I'm not politically minded at all.
Obama seems to have much more about him...his speach was very moving.
As for the snow the pics look lovely.

Harika Chadha said...

He is pretty to look at!!!