Sunday 15 February 2009

Be My Valentine...

This week I got to experience Valentine's Day in the USA. I can tell you, it was a bigger deal to the kids in my class than Christmas.

At Christmas, I think 2 children brought me a present. (Not that I expect presents) but to compare, 8 children got me a valentines gift.

No children give each other Christmas cards, but at least 10 brought either little cards or gifts for their friends. And we have a party and the end of the day where they give out what they brought and eat party food!

Here is what they gave me....

This weekend has been stressful trying to figure out our USA taxes - we were filing online then found out we are not allowed to do this as we are not natives.

So i hid under the covers for a while to make it all go away. It didn't work.

We are supposed to be having breakfast with our good friend Amy in a little while so that should be nice.

4 comments:

Claire said...

what lovely presents

Anonymous said...

Katie, I'm lovin' your blog. As an American living in the UK, I find it fascinating to see the US through your eyes. I don't remember Valentine's Day being too big a deal but for primary school children, I suppose it was. I remember we made 'Valentine Boxes' out of shoe boxes then decorated them, hoping for lots of Valentines. Always felt sorry for kids who didn't get any, though.

Jo Power said...

Wow what lovely presents.

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

aww bless that's lovely xxx