Tuesday 24 February 2009

Snippets

Just a little update really.

We are still waiting to hear on Daniel's job interview that was on Friday. It was for an almost identical position as he was doing in the UK. I'm anxious as we haven't heard anything either way. I hate waiting. I'm not a patient person. At all. I so much want good things to happen for him. He deserves it. He takes care of me and never complains about his situation. I know he only got his worl permit a few weeks ago but I so badly want him to be happy out here in the USA. I know we both dreamed of living out here. We love to travel and see new places. I know he wanted to come, but I feel like it's all about me. Which leads me to my next point....

I did get accepted eventually to do some extra tuition at school. I chose to recontact them and I'm glad I did as I don't think my application got through to them first time round. Second time round I was accepted and I'm glad to do it, it will be in my own school, 2 days a week for a little over 2 hours. I will be tutoring about 6 Kindergarten kids. It will be from Monday coming until mid May. I'm glad of the financial stability for the summer and it means we dont have to be SO tight on our monthly budget.

Ihave to tell my favourite story from my day at school. I am KNOWN to my kids at school for wearing odd socks! We tend to have many fun stripey or character socks and we pretty much just throw them all in the drawer and share. Almost daily, my kids ask to see my socks. Today they matched. Then a little girl in my class said 'look MY socks!' She had one pink one and one white one! I asked did Mommy put those on, she said 'No, me! I be like you!' It really made my day.

3 comments:

Jo Power said...

Ahhh how cute. It used to be fashionable to wear odd socks maybe you are restarting the trend.

Anonymous said...

That bit about the socks is so sweet! I hope mums don't start blaming you for causing trouble hehe!! I found 7 pairs of multicoloured socks in Primark for £2 - so far they remain in their pairs but I'm sure the time will come!! I hope you hear about D's job soon.

Lesley said...

Oh Bless - we should try that he have a bag of odd socks. We should just start wearing them LOL