Friday 13 March 2009

Pretty Feet



Wow I can't beleive I haven't blogged since March 1st!!

Lets see if I can catch you up to speed.

Tuition is going well, I enjoy it most of the time, we get to spend really good quality time with the kids in our group.

Daniel is still waiting to begin work. We have been counting down on our white board that lives on our fridge! It's about 9 days to go!!

I got my first ever manicure and pedicure and I am hooked! I went with my friend and colleague Amy who we have been hanging out a lot with lately. It was difficult to keep still at the point where she was exfoliating the underside of me foot! I choose a deep purple color and I felt very pampered. We are going to try to do it once a month! Afterwards my hands and feet were so smooth and soft. I'm glad I went!

My friend Amy also manged to get the wine cork to go inside the bottle when she was trying to open it, don't ask me how!



Things are a little tense as the school board that I work for has anounced huge budget cuts and 400 jobs are to be cut too. I don' t know yet how this will affect us. They will begin with teachers who are not up to standard on their observation evaluations (which of course, I am!)
I dont want to go home yet. I don't want to see my American friends lose their jobs. Nothing to do but wait. And apparently we won't hear until JUne 15th, 5 days after our kids leave for summer vacation.

I have no idea if my echange program has any kind of deal with the board as to how many teachers to employ, of if they get funding from my program.

We have also signed the tax treaty so I am due some money back from that too.

All in all, things are good.

My Grandma is doing better, though did get a sick bug while still in hospital.

3 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

aww so glad to hear your grandma is doing so well!! thats great. glad everything else is good, and i hope the job cuts don't affect you, have a great weekend xxx

Coffeedoff said...

I like the idea of manicure and pedicure. It sounds really good.

Anne said...

Very pretty nails!

Hope you find out soon about the jobs - uncertainty is so stressful. Fingers crossed for you.