Wednesday 25 March 2009

Pour on water

Wow. what a week. I don't know where to begin.

On Friday morning I found out our house in the UK had caught on fire. The fridge freezer motor overheated. The damage is bad and it will take 4 - 5 months to fix it. I need a whole new kitchen, all the carpets are ruined, everything is smoke damaged. We are so so glad no one was hurt. We have tenants in there right now. It seems our loss of rent is covered by the insurance company. This is a blessing. I'm a little surprised that we have to pay for rubble to be removed and for the carpets to be replaced! I'm not sure why our buildings insurance doesn't cover this. Maybe it is covered under contents.
I also had a rough week at school but I hesitate to go into details here..

I have to say my friend Amy was amazing at the weekend. She took us to see a show, Aida (Elton John, Tim Rice) and the center where Daniel is now working. Right this minute he has just begun his first shift. I'm hoping he is loving being back in the theatre. I know he is very good at his job. I hope and pray he has wonderful co workers and really feels accepted.



Amy also took us to tea at an awesome bakery/soup place called Panera. The yahd hot cross buns and Amy got us some. They were so yummy. A taste of home!


And she bought us flowers, chex mix and crystal light to cheer us up. For you UK readers chex mix is like a mix of crackers and cereal, like a savoury snack. Crystal light is a powder sachet you mix with water to get fruity water! It is very popular over here.

So. I'm trying to hard to be positive. I'm so looking forward to spring break, a week and a half to go!

7 comments:

Ginny said...

bad news about the fire, glad everyone is ok and all is covered :0)

Jenny said...

Terrible about your fire, hope you get everything fixed up soon x x

Jo Power said...

Sorry to hear about your fire hope everything gets sorted really soon.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the calamity in your house. I know how it is to be so far away and feel like you want to be there. As you say, it's just a blessing no one was hurt and that it was (mostly at least) covered by insurance.

Hope the week ahead is much better!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

aww i'm sorry about the fire, that sucks, i'm glad everyone was ok tho!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the fire :( Glad it is covered by your insurance and that noone was hurt.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the fire :( Glad it is covered by your insurance and that noone was hurt.