Sunday 13 December 2009

The love of giving

I am, in a way, more excited about Christmas this year than last year.

We had a wonderful wonderful Christmas in NYC last year. This year we are spending it in Chicago which I am very much looking forward to.

I have realised WHY I am looking forward to it more. It's in the giving. And for me especially giving to Daniel, my wonderful husband.

Last year we scrimped and saved to go to NYC and bought each other one present each. I LOVE the present he bought me, it was a key and padlock necklace from an NYC Christmas market. I wear it all the time.


I bought him a peanuts t shirt and a gold plated bookmark with the word believe cut out of it - a la Polar Express.

I am excited this year that we can afford to travel and buy each other a little more.

Not because I am selfish and want presents but because I love making him happy, even with materialistic things. The feeling of giving to him fills me with warmth.

No comments: